Tuesday, April 19, 2011

EASTER gifts for Your MISSIONARY

So I loved those darling Tuxedo Peeps, they got me thinking of something fun I could make my awesome nephew who is on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. His birthday is this week too, so I was already putting together a care package and I thought "HEY, Missionary PEEPS" how fun! He would get a fun laugh out of this, and btw, chocolate covered PEEPS are DELICIOUS. Seriously, regular Peeps are a little too sugary for me but dipped in chocolate they are MARVELOUS! Somehow the chocolate tones down the sugar to just the right ratio of sugary yumminess. I put together a little topper and ta-daa, it's on the way to the mission front.

I used a white sprinkle for the "name" on the nametag. The directions given for the Tuxedo Bunnies from Fancy Frugal Life were great, the only thing I would add is that the chocolate starts to harden quickly so when you are using it in the plastic bag to add your tie and nametag, don't add too much chocolate because it will be quickly become too brittle to work with, and you'll need another bag. Also, I found a toothpick very helpful in helping shape the tie and tag.

Update: I have been asked how I did the "Called to Serve" topper. I designed it it Photoshop Elements and I would be happy to provide it here as a printable but I have no idea how to do that yet. sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Those peeps look darling and delicious. Any missionary would be overjoyed to receive those in a care package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! They are adorable and so, so clever! I love that there are 2 in the bag. What a cute pair!!!

    ReplyDelete