Wednesday, April 6, 2011

BABY GIFT






I came across this picture of a baby onesie and burp cloth that I made for my friend Deborah's cute baby boy Eldon. I thought it would be fun to add this to my blog since this was my first ever sewing project. If you could see the underside of the burp cloth you would see that I used dark brown thread in the bobbin which looked very obvious, duh. Next time, I will use white thread so it won't show. For this project I:

1. printed out the letters I liked on the computer onto card stock,
2. cut the letters out with a craft knife to make a template,
3. then used that template to trace those letters onto fabric already prepared with the fusible webbing.
4.I cut out the letters from the fabric with sewing scissors,
5. ironed them onto the onesie/burp cloth, and finally,
6. sewed around the edges.

Phew. My husband recently bought me a Silhouette machine, which will reduce all of these steps down to two! I can't wait to get started on some t-shirts and cloth quiet books!
For the gift tag I used a piece of the same fabric I used for the tie on the onesie. I used spray adhesive to apply it to card stock. I simply used Microsoft Word to type Eldon on card stock and tied it all together with matching ribbon. Ta-daa! A fun baby gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment