Monday, May 2, 2011

PEDICURE Birthday Party


My ten-year-old celebrated her birthday party this weekend. What she really wanted to do was to take her two best school-friends to get pedicures and then have a slumber party. That sounded about as low-key as I could have asked for so I readily agreed, and why not get a pedicure for me too! Win-win, right?! They had a great time sitting in the over-sized massage chairs, sipping their Sprite's and feeling pampered. We let our guests decide where they wanted to get take out from and my husband swung by and picked up dinner awaiting the return of girls with the newly beautified toes. For cake, I had a small cake pan shaped like a foot (like the one seen here) and we thought it would be fun to let them each decorate their own foot cake complete with pretty "toe-nails".

This was my first time using the Wilton Icing Gel which gave us very vibrant, "nail polish" icing. I bought mine at Michael's using my 40% off coupon. Excellent! I liked the gel so much I will never go back to the regular food coloring. A little bit goes a long way too, so I think this small investment was worth every penny.



Then, we decided to make banners with the girls' names on them to decorate their bedrooms. The girls picked out their fabrics and traced a triangle template that I cut out of cereal box cardboard, and they also traced letters for their names. Each triangle was about 5" wide and 6" long. Now, a lot about banners have been all over the blogs and while I thought they were cute I didn't get what all the hub-bub was about. But seeing these in person I was very smitten with them. These banners are way cuter in person than in pictures. I am a bit addicted to banner-making now. I also like that I could just get 1/8th yard sized pieces of fabric which kept the cost down and allowed me to get many different fabrics for the girls to choose from. I used 1'' grosgrain ribbon that I folded in half over the top of each triangle, leaving about 1 1/2 inches in between each one. If you'd like to save money on ribbon, check out this idea for making your own, genius! I used 3M spray adhesive to attach my letters. A Silhouette Machine would have worked great for the letters as well, and they would have been so easy to just print out and iron on but I opted to have the girls trace and cut their letters.

The girls then watched the movie "Tangled", giggled for a bit and then went to sleep. (phew) In the morning, I made them M&M pancakes and gave them these cute goodie bags. Ta-daa! One birthday party completed.
Add Image
Add Video Remove Formatting from selection





No comments:

Post a Comment