Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Calling all TEAM MOM's






Are you a team mom? I am not currently a team mom, but I wanted to share some ideas that the awesome team moms of our swim team put together at a recent swim meet. Two of our children have recently chosen swimming as their main sport. They and many of their team mates qualified for a championship meet. This was exciting for them not just because of the actual swim meet at a cool venue, but because they were able to stay in a hotel with their friends! Whoop-whoop! My husband and I were also excited for a mini family vacation, oh and the uh, swim meet.

However, after an extra hour spent driving in circles, with a fussy toddler, our excitement was giving way to road-weary, cranky hunger. So it was with extreme gratefulness that once we finally trudged into the hotel we were greeted by these adorable door signs.


These were made using a Cricut machine but I am sure they could also be made with the Silhouette Machine, or at least I am hoping so since I just recently purchased one from the promotion over at I Am Momma Hear Me Roar. If you want more info on how to make these, let me know and I will find out. My kids were so excited to see these on the door. We quickly unpacked and headed over to the banquet room where subs were waiting for us. The kids played party games while parents had a chance to unwind and socialize, perfect! All the swimmers had goodie bags waiting for them as well! Each with their name, and a quote about them from the coach. Inside were healthy snacks for the meet and a comfy cozy blanket, machine embroidered with the team logo and their name, how cool is that?

Toward the end of the meet, we met for a team dinner, complete with personalized cookies for each swimmer. What could have been a very tiring, difficult weekend turned out to be a lot of fun, thanks to some very creative and organized moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment